What you eat on a daily basis is far more important than how much exercise you do. You have probably heard the saying that "you can't out train a bad diet" which is so true. However exercise plus great nutrition is key to a healthy and long life, the two go hand in hand.
Some tips to help you to achieve amazing health and vitality.
1. Meal preparation - It's really important to set some time aside each week, to plan your meals and prepare your healthy food. This way you will be organised for the week and have a fridge and freezer packed full of goodness for the week ahead.
2. Exercise - Make sure you do some daily exercise that you enjoy. It doesn't have to involve going to a gym and spending hours on the treadmill. It could be walking, yoga, barre, running, boxing, lifting weights. Do something that works up a sweat and leaves you feeling invigorated. If you enjoy the exercise that you are doing, you are more likely to commit to moving for at least 30 minutes daily! Mix it up too and try different types of exercise.
3. Practice mindful eating - Really focus on choosing a time of day to eat where you can sit down in silence with zero distractions. Turn off the television, radio and phone and concentrate on the amazing textures and flavours of the food that you have prepared. Chew slowly and notice when you are starting to feel full, and stop eating. Be careful if you are feeling hungry after a big workout, that you do not undo all of your good work by over eating.
4. Timing of exercise - Exercise in the morning is the optimum time of day to exercise. This is due to the fact that you are less likely to cancel a workout if you do it at the start of the day, rather than the end of a busy working day. Exercising in the morning revs up your metabolism for the rest of the day. And if you start the day off on the right foot you will be more inclined to eat well throughout the day, and you should have lots of energy.
5. Buy organic - Commercially grown food is sprayed with dangerous chemicals and pesticides which are absorbed into your body via the food you eat, personal care products that you use and cleaning products that you purchase. By buying organic fresh fruit and vegetables, eggs, meat, packaged groceries and toxin free cleaning products, you will be giving yourself and your family the healthiest path in life. To find out more about buying organic foods click here.
Your long term health and wellness is what's important
Think of your long term health and wellness and not just your weight. Exercise compliments healthy eating, and if you incorporate both into your life you are bound to enjoy and long, healthy and happy life.
Author: Vanessa Geraghty McGann - Owner & Master Trainer - PTV Personal Training & Wellness Coaching. email@example.com.