Sleep & Meditation
Do you find it really hard to switch off at night? Do you find it hard to fall asleep and to stay asleep? Is your mind constantly racing? Do you toss and turn all night long?
In the society we live in today many people struggle with sleep as we are constantly connected to our phones, tablets, computers and TV's. Our minds are so stimulated it's no wonder it's hard to fall asleep.
Top 10 Tips to an amazing nights sleep
- Create a calm and peaceful atmosphere in your bedroom, remove the TV and any electronic devices.
- No screen time for an hour before you go to bed.
- Avoid caffeine at night.
- Avoid late night workouts.
- Avoid alcohol and spicy foods late in the evening.
- Write your To Do List for the following day before you go to bed.
- Keep and pen and paper beside the bed so that if you think of something you need to do the following day while you are trying to fall asleep, just write it down so then it's out of your head and onto paper.
- Go to the bed at the same time every night.
- Keep your bedroom cool at night.
- Create a calming night time ritual. This may be a shower before bed, dimmed lights in your room, reading a book, journaling and meditation.
Meditation has many benefits:
- It allows you to take control of your mind and your emotions
- It improves your concentration
- Increases your happiness
- Slows down the ageing process
- Benefits your cardiovascular and immune health
How long should I meditate for?
Aim to meditate for anywhere between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day. This can be broken into 15 minutes in the morning and 15-30 minutes in the evening to start off with. If you are new to meditation you can follow a guided meditation.
The app called Calm is a really good one to download to your phone, pop in you head phones and listen to one of the following on the Calm app:
- Body Scan - This is a great one to do in the morning
- Loving Kindness - Is a nice one to do at night
- Forgiveness - If you have had a falling out with someone that day
- Calm Light - You can use this one to help you to visualise your goals
Or go on to YouTube and search for guided meditations around different topics such as self confidence, abundance, relieve stress. There are hundreds to choose from.
If you have any questions or queries please contact us and we would love to help you sleep better and wake up feeling well rested each morning.